Artists launch public art equality project
EXCLUSIVE NEWS UPDATE – Artists launch public art equality project by creating bronze statues of America’s most powerful women!
- Gillie and Marc are famous international artists and have monumental sculptures on display in over 40 cities including London, New York, Sydney, Shanghai and Beijing. They have exhibited in notable locations across the globe such as the Rockefeller Centre, NYC.
- Gillie and Marc have completed over 100 commissions for public places and businesses and have been shocked that only one of these has been a woman. (I am attaching a photo of the bronze woman sculpture)
- In 2018 the artists will be installing 8 life-size bronze sculptures of powerful women in the heart of New York City as a public art exhibition. This will be deemed as the largest gender equality art project in the world.
- The women for the exhibit will be chosen by the public who are invited to vote on the artist’s poll here – https://poll.fbapp.io/tvfajp/kv9LcMLz
- Some of the women listed include Michelle Obama, Beyonce Knowles, Angelina Jolie, Meryl Streep and Oprah Winfrey.
- In New York there are over 150 notable male statues and only 5 female statues. This exhibit will bring 8 new female statues to the city and begin a ‘snowball’ effect for companies across the globe to start creating female sculptures.
- The exhibit will tour for one year to raise awareness about the gender gap.
- Gillie and Marc hope to use the sculptures to raise awareness and start a conversation about gender inequality – each sculpture will be linked to a website where you can learn about these incredible women, facts about the issue and what you can do to help.
- Following the launch of the project in USA, Gillie and Marc will launch this in 40 other cities across the world.